Not everyone knows how magazines are made. We thought you might enjoy learning about the steps we take to publish the Loaves & Fishes magazine.
- Read good books
- Pray for direction and wisdom
- This vision will help chart a course for the new issue
- Create task spreadsheet and working folder for the team
- Get chapters from continued series
- Choose quality prisoner writings from the collection
- Search and brainstorm for suitable short writings
- Give assignments to the writers
- Notify the editors about the tasks
- Establish an approximate finish date
- Fix grammar and spelling mistakes
- Improve the flow and language for our audience
- Get approval for changes where needed
- Select attention grabbers from the text
- Find royalty-free photos to illustrate the quotes and headings
- Adjust resolution, color mode, and curves; save as tif for printing
- Make each piece fit and fill the empty spaces
- Maintain a mix of text, headlines, and graphics
Order the pages
- Compile table of contents
- Design outside and inside cover
- Make and send review copies to reviewers
- Get feedback and make final revisions
- Get quote from printing company
- Order the books and upload the files
- Approve the digital proofs
- Unload the books when they arrive
- Ensure the mail meets USPS requirements and gets to where it needs to go.
Do It Again
- Indeed, there is no end to making books.
Update on the Next Issue
A couple months ago, we announced that we have another issue almost ready to print. We’re grateful for the financial support we’ve received since then.
We’ve decided to switch to a different kind of paper which will bring the cost down to $15,650 for 90,000 copies (including freight to here). We have around $8,000 to put toward the printing, so we are still lacking about half of it.
Can we make this issue happen while the trees are still colorful?
For the Kingdom,